Are you concerned about the shape of your nose? If so, rhinoplasty can correct your deformities and enhance the aesthetic appearance of the nose.
At My Cosmetic Clinic, we offer a wide range of rhinoplasty procedures to address your unique needs and give you a stunning new look that works for you.
Read on to this article, to understand more about rhinoplasty which will help you make a better decision
What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty, also known as a nose job, is a cosmetic surgical procedure performed to improve the appearance and proportion of your nose, enhance your facial harmony and boost your self-confidence.
It can also correct impaired breathing caused by structural defects in the nose.
What’s the difference between Closed and Open Rhinoplasty and which works best?
There are two types of rhinoplasties, and it’s important to understand the difference between closed and open rhinoplasty.
Closed Rhinoplasty: Closed rhinoplasty involves an incision placed inside the nose and all of the work is done through this opening.
Since this technique does not require any external incisions on the nose, it does not leave any noticeable scars. It also allows for faster healing time and less swelling for the patient.
Open Rhinoplasty: Open rhinoplasty is when the doctor performs the surgery through an incision made on the columella, which separates both nostrils.
As open rhinoplasty gives surgeons better visualization of your nose anatomy, it may be a better option for more complicated issues.
What should I ask during my rhinoplasty consultation?
Here are a few questions to ask your Surgeon during a Rhinoplasty Consultation:
- How many years have you been practicing?
- How long will be my recovery period?
- What type of anaesthesia will I receive?
- Is there anything I need to do to prepare before the surgery?
- What would you do if I’m unhappy with how my nose looks after rhinoplasty?
- Can you provide me with before-and-after photos of your previous patients who have undergone rhinoplasty, as well as testimonials from them?
Who’s a good candidate for a nose job?
A good rhinoplasty candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Should be in good physical health.
- Should have a normal nasal function.
- Should have realistic expectations about, what can be achieved from this surgery.
- Should be a non-smoker.
How to reduce swelling after a rhinoplasty procedure?
Swelling after rhinoplasty is normal and can be very noticeable in the first week. However, the swelling will subside over a period of time, which is the most important thing to remember.
Here are a few things you can do to reduce the swelling:
- Be sure to keep your head elevated as much as possible.
- Sleeping in a recliner or propped up against some pillows can help reduce swelling.
- You can apply cold compresses (ice packs, frozen peas) to areas that are still swollen. Do not apply the ice directly onto your skin – wrap it in a towel
How Rhinoplasty is performed at My Cosmetic Clinic?
We specialise in offering high-quality rhinoplasty to our patients. Our goal is to give you a nose that looks natural and suits your face.
We are dedicated to finding the best solution for each patient’s individual needs. During your initial consultation, we will carefully evaluate your nose to determine what surgical techniques are appropriate.
Typically, this includes examining your skin type and thickness, the strength of your cartilage and bone and the size and shape of other facial features such as your lips, chin, and cheeks.
In addition to discussing your desired outcomes for surgery, our Surgeons will explain all aspects of nasal anatomy that may affect the procedure’s outcome and recovery.
Improve your appearance with a surgical rhinoplasty at our MCC clinic. To know more about us, explore our site or contact one of our friendly staff members at My Cosmetic Clinic today on 0161 989 1234.
Posted on : February 9, 2022